American Red Cross Vacancy January 2009
The American Red Cross Tsunami Recovery Program (TRP) had been established to direct the organization’s response to the South Asia tsunami disaster. The TRP activities focus on integrated community recovery and preparedness interventions in tsunami affected countries in Asia and East Africa in collaboration with Red Cross and non-Red Cross partners. The Indonesia TRP Delegation operates from offices in Banda Aceh, Calang, Lamno. It also has liaison offices in Jakarta, and other areas in Aceh province in collaboration with the Indonesian Red Cross. The American Red Cross seeks dynamic individuals to fill the:
Sr. Project Finance Officer (Aceh)
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance , the Senior Finance Officer will carry out the following functions:
- Supervises all project finance officers and assistants and provides guidance in accomplishing their function.
- Coordinates projects finance team activities to ensures that adequate and timely support is provided to all PMI projects.
- Keep abreast of development in PMI projects, closely monitors ad assesses program risk area, and communicates potential issues to the Director of Finance and the respective projects managers
- Schedules and implements sub recipients monitoring , and ensures that there is adequate sub recipients monitoring coverage for each project throughout the year
- Provides feedback to PMI, project managers and central finance on the results of sub recipients monitoring visits
- Constantly assesses the sun recipient monitoring process and makes recommendations for improvement
- Ensures that PMI financial reports are received on time; assists in their review, ensuring their propriety and accuracy
- Ensures that PMI working advances are reconciled with PMI records and balances kept current
- Actively participates in the monthly and quarter BVA reviews. Helps in preparing month end commentary reports to NHQ
- Participate in the preparation of other financial reports to be included in the monthly reports to the US Headquarters.
- Attends the regulars finance meetings, AR program and PMI coordination meetings and makes sure that pertinent inputs are fed into the project finance delivery process
- Conducts the PDP for subordinates on a timely basis, and provides feedback to the Director of Finance on areas involving performance improvement, wellness, etc
- Work closely with the Director of Finance in mentoring PMI officers and staff
- Participates in the design and implementation of policies, procedures, and systems to comply with all applicable financial and accounting regulations and American Red Cross internal policies and procedures
- Performs any other job related duties as required
- A strong understanding of donor finance and accounting in a relief and development setting.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment while maintaining the respect of staff and colleagues.
- Ability to motivate and mentor the finance subordinates and ensure the collaborative achievement of team goals
- A strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, and make effective communication a priority in all situations. Strong self-initiative as well as team spirit
- Strong understanding and sensitivity towards the diverse cultural, political and religious environments of the places where American Red Cross works.
- Highly organized, and innovative. He/she should also demonstrate proud workmanship, good communication and collaboration skills
- Precise and analytical worker
- Excellent knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, financial reporting, accounting systems, and budget development and administration
- Knowledge of general rules and regulations governing the compliance/regulatory management of grants.
- Demonstrated ability to work with word processing, spreadsheet and accounting software including the creation of reports
- Demonstrated experience and skill with financial analysis, reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Degree in accounting
- 2-3 years experience in finance, with some supervisory role
- Knowledge of Quick Books or MYOB
- Certified Public Accountant
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae to <!–
var prefix = ‘ma’ + ‘il’ + ‘to’;
var path = ‘hr’ + ‘ef’ + ‘=’;
var addy52275 = ‘hr’ + ‘@’;
addy52275 = addy52275 + ‘amredcross’ + ‘.’ + ‘org’;
document.write( ‘‘ );
document.write( addy52275 );
document.write( ” );
// –>email@example.com <!–
document.write( ‘‘ );
// –> put Job title in Subject line. Only applications in English and short listed candidates will be notified. Applications submitted after Jan 31, 2009 will not be considered.
For futher information please visit the link below.
Entry filed under: Lowongan Kerja.